Online courses are a fast-growing popular alternative to traditional education. As a result, more and more people choose them as an option for all educational levels.
According to recent statistics on eLearning in the US, the online course market could be worth a whopping $25.33 billion by 2025, which means now is a great time to get started for anyone who wants to profit from selling their knowledge and skills online.
But, with the extreme level of competition out there, it’s important to have the right tools to ensure your success as an online course creator, which brings us to Teachable.
Teachable is an online course creation software designed to make it easy for creators, entrepreneurs, and businesses of all sizes to build and sell personalized, engaging courses and coaching products complete with lectures, quizzes, videos, etc.
Founded by Ankur Nagpal in 2014, this all-in-one provides you with all the tools you need to design, create, and promote your course.
You’ll also be able to collect payments, track sales, and get feedback and analytics that will provide insights into sold courses.
Read the rest of this Teachable review to discover more about this popular online course creation platform so you can determine whether or not it’s an excellent fit for you.
If you try Teachable, I’d be grateful if you supported me by clicking on this link to start a free trial.
Is Teachable Worth it?
- 1 Is Teachable Worth it?
- 2 Who is Teachable Good For?
- 3 Building Your School Website With Teachable
- 4 Teachable Course Creation Capabilities
- 5 Marketing and Selling Your Courses With Teachable
- 6 Teachable Instructor Support
- 7 Teachable Student Management and Support
- 8 Teachable Integrations
- 9 Teachable Student Reporting
- 10 Teachable Pricing
- 11 Teachable Pros and Cons
- 12 Is Teachable Legit?
Suppose you want a tool for building and selling courses that will handle all the nitty-gritty involved in the process, including affiliates, email automation, VAT, taxes, author payments, etc. In that case, Teachable is an excellent option for you to consider for a smart passive income.
In this teachable review, you’ll be able to run your knowledge business with zero tech headaches thanks to the intuitive, unified dashboard.
Unlike other platforms, aside from becoming a smart passive income and investment, the Teachable platform comes with an impressive range of features, including:
- Synchronous and Asynchronous Learning
- Blended Learning
- Built-in Course Authoring
- Course Publishing
- Data Import/Export
- eCommerce Management
- eLearning Companies
- Instructor-Led Courses
- Learner Portal
- Teachable Mobile Friendly site for mobile learning
- Progress Tracking
- Surveys and Quizzes
- Self-Paced Courses
- Selling Courses
You get all of these features and more for one affordable price, which is how Teachable offers you spectacular ROI (return on investment).
Suppose you had to get all these different tools separately. In that case, it would not only cost you a lot more and take up much more of your time when you have to jump from one tool to the other, but it would also be a headache trying to get all the different tools to work together seamlessly.
With Teachable software, you don’t have to worry about any of this because you get all the built-in features in one place, and there are a ton of additional integrations for other third-party tools and apps that you may already be using.
Who is Teachable Good For?
Teachable is best for creators, entrepreneurs, and small online business owners who want to earn money by sharing what they know through online courses and coaching. It’s also an excellent tool for educational institutions and large corporations looking to train employees more conveniently.
Here are a few use cases to help you understand how the Teachable platform provides value to different online course creators.
- Entrepreneurs: As an online entrepreneur, you will be able to reach clients from all over the world with your insightful Teachable courses.
- Small Businesses: This simple yet powerful, no-code software is perfect for small businesses on a budget and individuals with limited tech knowledge.
- Large Corporations: Teachable is an excellent way for large organizations to conduct employee training and onboarding.
- Educational Institutions: With this platform, you can build a stunning and fully functional school website.
- Non Profit Organizations: Get your message across to your donors, volunteers, and other stakeholders with powerful Teachable features.
As you can see, Teachable is perfect for everyone, from each online course creator and bloggers to industry professionals and even hobbyists.
If you want to create an online course, build an online school, or offer free courses, paid online courses, and coaching services, this platform, used by thousands of businesses and millions of students worldwide, might be right for you.
Building Your School Website With Teachable
Teachable features make it perfect for academic/educational purposes. You can create a stunning school website with full functionality in just minutes – even with no prior experience.
You don’t need an external site to build your school site. Everything you need is on the Teachable platform, and all of it is designed to be user-friendly and affordable for educational institutions.
Here’s some of Teachable’s principal functions that make it an excellent option for building school websites.
1. Tons of Themes and Templates to Choose From
Building the pages of your school website, including sales pages, lesson pages, checkout pages, etc., is a breeze thanks to the wide range of pre-designed themes and templates available to choose from.
You can select the most appealing templates and customize them by uploading your logo, thumbnail, and favicon with Teachable customization tools.
As an online school owner, you can easily add discounts and coupons to your sales pages to entice more people to sign up for your online school.
All in all, you will love the online course platform aesthetic and user interface. It’s clean and modern and makes for comfortable use.
2. Ease of Use
Teachable is extremely user-friendly. If you are not a very technically-inclined person, this program will give you the keys you need to set up your digital classroom and online classes.
As you can see from the image below, its interface is easy to navigate, and you’ll be able to find the features you need at a glance.
You’ll be able to easily upload content and add your curriculum videos, PDFs, quizzes, etc., with just the click of a button.
As we see in this Teachable review, this feature is one of the main reasons Teachable is the preferred option for beginners who have never used any eCourse software before.
3. Intuitive Drag and Drop Editor
This Teachable review will explore the page builder’s simplicity, another feature that makes Teachable one of the best online course platforms around.
In addition to having tons of themes and templates to choose from for building your online school, you can also customize these fully so you can achieve the look and feel you want for your educational portal.
This way, you’ll be able to create a learning environment that matches your brand perfectly – and all you have to do is drag and drop the elements you want, including text, images, videos, etc., onto the page and then change colors, fonts, etc. to suit your tastes and preferences for your own online course.
You can customize your online school experience using the power editor, which will allow you to create engaging multimedia videos, lectures, and coaching sessions.
4. Unlimited Everything
The Teachable offers unlimited video bandwidth and (how many students?) well – unlimited students on all paid plans. So as a school owner, you can have as many lessons and students at your school as you want and unlimited courses, which is great because your plan will stay the same even as your school continues to grow.
As we see in this review, your school can have as many webinar sessions, presentations, and lectures as you need, and you never have to worry about a limitation on bandwidth.
Teachable Course Creation Capabilities
Whether you want to create online courses, webinars, or offer coaching, Teachable has all the features you need to get started; let us dig deeper into these features in this Teachable Review.
Here’s a look at some of the platforms’ top functionality for creating online courses:
1. Easy to Set Up
Teachable is easy to navigate and set up for course creators. You can upload videos, create landing pages, and add different functionalities to each page.
You can also add a blog to your site and expand your webpage beyond just your online courses.
There are a ton of plugins that let you connect with popular marketing tools and email software at the click of a button.
Take a look at the simple step-by-step process for getting started on Teachable:
Step #1: Name Your School/Online Course
After signing up on the platform, you’ll be taken to the page shown below, where you can name your new online school or course:
Step #2: Enter Additional Details
Next, you’ll be prompted to enter a few more details about yourself to help the platform build an experience that is aligned with your specific needs:
Step #3: Create Your School/Course
Afterward, you’ll be taken to the dashboard, which looks like this:
You’ll find a quick guide to help you get started creating your first product on the page.
On the left-hand side of the page, you’ll see the tabs for:
You’ll also find the Products section with your Courses, Coaching, and Bundles tabs.
You can now begin creating or uploading your course pages, including lessons, sales page, checkout, etc.
Simply choose the appropriate option from the menu and follow the prompts to select templates and customize them to suit your needs.
From this page, you can choose to:
- Watch the “Getting Started” tutorial
- Create a product
- Edit your homepage
- Edit your theme
- Set up your domain name
- Learn how to build your audience
2. Build Beautiful Course Pages
Teachable has a lot of beautiful, expertly-designed course pages that you can customize for your own course website.
There’s no need to hire expensive developers to design your pages or spend countless hours figuring out how to do it yourself.
As soon as you log in, you’ll find all the simple-to-use boxes where you can click on a button and add testimonials, hero images, text, change fonts and colors, etc.
Everything you need is right there, making this one of the most accessible and intuitive page builders.
3. Upload Files Easily
This is yet another exciting feature from Teachable. You can upload as many files as you want, including videos, PDFs, spreadsheets, etc.
Use the drag-and-drop functionality and the bulk upload option to make this task a breeze.
You can also work seamlessly with Google Drive, Dropbox, and cloud storage, which gives the platform an added advantage.
4. Connect Your Own Custom Domain
You can use Teachable’s domain to connect to your own. It’s easy to link your existing site to the platform using your chosen domain, and this plays a huge part in helping you strengthen your brand and build trust with the audience.
Marketing and Selling Your Courses With Teachable
This Teachable review will not be completed without knowing how to create and sell online courses on the platform.
As a course creator, your skills and experiences are valuable and unique. With Teachable, you’ll be able to easily build a beautiful course website so you can share your knowledge with the world and be rewarded for it.
Let’s look at some of the platform’s powerful features for marketing and selling courses in this Teachable review.
1. Gorgeous Sales Pages
Thanks to the flexible page editor, Teachable makes it easy for you to create a stunning, money-making Teachable sales page.
Click on the block you want to add (image, text, button, video, banner, etc.), and then edit it to your liking.
2. Flexible Teachable Payments Feature
The Teachable payments feature allows you to earn with ease when you create and sell online courses. This is one of the places where Teachable shines, and the platform provides you with money solutions that make your life a lot easier.
For instance, you have the flexibility of offering coupons and advanced Teachable pricing options to your students. This includes:
- Course bundles
- One-time payments
…and much more.
3. Affiliate Marketing Tools
Get the word out about your online school or course by using the affiliate marketing feature that allows you to add affiliates who will spread the word about your business.
The feature also makes it easy to pay your affiliates from one convenient dashboard, and you can even set different commission rates for various affiliates.
Automatic payouts for your team mean less paperwork for you and fewer administrative headaches.
You can enable the BackOffice feature for an additional 2% transaction fees on each transaction to automate things such as:
- Author revenue share
- Affiliate commissions payout
- 1099 tax form filing
… and much more.
4. Simple, Reliable Checkout
The Teachable team monitors for optimal checkout performance. Any technical issues are addressed immediately to ensure that your business runs smoothly.
Teachable payments solutions have everything for all course creators, and the platform lets you accept global payments in over 130 currencies.
Receive instant payment for your online school, course, or coaching services. You can accept all major payment methods, including credit card, debit card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and PayPal.
In short, in Teachable Payments, there are a ton of different payment methods tailored to the specific audience that helps you in selling online courses more effectively and grow your business revenue.
Also, when you create and sell courses through Teachable gateways, everything is taken care of, including the EU VAT.
The platform allows you to follow the money and handles conversions pixel support, author payouts, affiliate payouts, first and last-touch attribution, etc.
There’s also a robust fraud protection feature that gives you the peace of mind to focus on running your business without worrying about these types of threats to your business.
Teachable will also help you handle chargebacks to protect your bottom line.
5. Additional Sales and Marketing Features
If you offer more than one course on the platform, you can use the following advanced Teachable sales features to boost your conversions.
- One-Click Upsells: Once a student is enrolled in one of your Teachable courses, you can offer them a chance to purchase another course at a discount on your thank-you and sales page.
- Bundles: You can bundle one or more of your multiple courses together and offer them at a discounted price to entice more students to enroll.
- Discounts: You can set up discount coupons for each of your courses, and students can either enter a coupon code or use a custom link generated on Teachable, which will be applied to the next Teachable payments for your own courses.
- Multiple Pricing Plans: You can also offer different pricing plans for each of your online courses to give your students a variety of options.
Teachable Instructor Support
Teachable Support is award-winning for course content writers, experts, new course creators, and businesses. You can get help in several ways, including:
- Email/Help Desk: In this Teachable reviews blog, Teachable has a helpful and responsible customer service team trained for great customer service that you can reach by email. They will help you find solutions to any of your problems. Emails are generally responded to within 24 hours on the site.
- Live Chat: This feature makes it easy for you to get help while working on your online course without leaving the site. Teachable review your concerns and issues and respond via live chat.
- Knowledge Base and FAQs: Here, you’ll find a ton of value-packed guides to help you go from idea to execution very quickly to start making sales online fast. There are also many articles on troubleshooting, which might save you the effort of sending an email to the Teachable support team.
- Online Training Courses: Teachable has tutorials on every aspect of online course creation and selling online courses. With the paid plans, instead of hiring for external training for your team- with Teachable paid plans, you also get access to Teachable U, where there’s a huge collection of both live and recorded webinars, online lessons, videos, documentation, and various other resources to support you on your online course creation journey that you cannot access from the free plan.
- Blog: On Teachable, you’ll find a helpful blog filled with tons of articles, best practices, tips, and tricks for getting the most from this platform.
- Community: There’s also a forum with a vast community of users who are always there to assist new users with any questions or queries with as many potential answers as possible.
You’ll find all the help you need to begin as a founder, become an innovator, and grow to be a leader and proven expert in your space on this platform.
Teachable Student Management and Support
As a learning management system and course creation site, Teachable provides you with all the tools you need to create an exceptional learning experience for your students.
There are many options from the Teachable e-learning platform for displaying and presenting your course material most effectively. In addition, the platform makes it easy for students to navigate your courses and lessons.
Here’s a look at some of the more prominent functionalities for student management and support:
1. Collect Feedback with Surveys and Forms
Feedback is fundamental to the success of your online learning business. You can easily collect student feedback using third-party surveys and forms on your website.
You can integrate with Google Forms or other third-party tools like SurveyMonkey
2. Offer Next-Level Support
Easily integrate with Zapier to help you take your student support to the next level using tools like Intercom, Olark, and Zendesk, among many others.
3. Talk to Your Students Live
You can run one-on-one sessions on your Teachable account with easy-to-build features, such as call hosting, milestones, and task features.
Communicating with your students is accessible via the built-in email service. You can welcome, reach out, request feedback, or provide updates using individual emails.
Alternatively, Teachable offers a wide range of communications tools so you can broadcast emails and message students at the same time, which is an excellent tool for marketing and advertising your content on the platform.
You can also enable the lecture comments features to allow students to share comments on each lecture and stimulate meaningful discussions.
Go to Settings > Notifications, and you will be alerted anytime something happens, for example:
- Someone read the comment
- A student joins your Teachable course
- Someone enrolls in your Teachable school
- Enrollment is canceled
- Comments require moderation
… and so on.
You can also use the Schedule and Host feature to seamlessly take coaching clients from booking to intake and then to scheduling and online learning, thanks to the native Calendly integration.
4. Engage Students with Quizzes
Keep your students engaged and eager to learn by creating quizzes that don’t require any coding knowledge.
Everyone loves a graded quiz, and it’s one of the best ways to test your students’ knowledge as they go. It’s also a great way to motivate them to complete lessons.
You can use a multiple-choice-answer quiz at the end of each lesson, and students will receive a grade (and optional course completion certifications).
5. Offer Course Completion Certificates
When students complete your course, send them course completion certificates to reward their hard work.
There are different templates to choose from, and you can customize them by changing the certificate color, adding a logo and signature, or even customizing the HTML.
*Note that this feature is not available on Free Plan and is only available with Professional and Business plans.
You also have the course compliance controls at your disposal. These require students to finish the course before moving on, which helps to ensure transformation and boost your course completion rate.
Teachable has tons of integration options that make it easy for users to get started with all the tools they need. Furthermore, you can ensure that the platform supports whichever integration you want.
The list of Teachable’s partners is exhaustive and includes integrations for the following:
1. Student Experience
These integrations help you provide an improved student experience so your learners will be more engaged and motivated to complete your courses.
Student experience integrations include:
- Google Sheets
2. Sell Online Courses
You have the tools you need to market and sell courses to a global audience with the right integrations.
Integrations for selling online courses include:
3. Tracking Teachable Courses
With these integrations, you’ll know your numbers so you can find opportunities to make improvements to your online course business.
Tracking integrations include:
- Google Analytics
4. Email Automation
These integrations will help you easily automate your email campaigns and newsletter, offer you a way to communicate effectively with your students, and even use the tools like email marketing to sell courses.
Email automation integrations on Teachable include:
Teachable Student Reporting
Teachable has powerful monitoring and analytics capabilities. The platform’s comprehensive dashboard lets you track course sales and student insights so you can make better-informed decisions to move your business forward.
You’ll be able to create more success stories thanks to your insights from this feature.
From your Teachable dashboard, you can view the number of enrollments and your earnings for any given period.
You can monitor the progress of your course and see metrics for student engagement.
You’ll get easy to comprehend reporting with details on the number of students in each course on a lecture by lecture basis, the revenue generated, and other information to help you stay on top of your game.
Teachable offers integration with Google Analytics, conversion pixels, and other tools to help you monitor where your traffic originates from, such as Google searches and more, and get a better understanding of which types of content are most popular with your students so you can create courses with relevant content that ensures student engagement and success.
Teachable has a flexible pricing scale, making it easy for beginners to get the features to create and sell courses and what they need at a reasonable price from Free Plan, Basic Plan, Pro, and Business Plan and unlock additional features as their online course business grows.
Free Plan: $0/month
- Unlimited students
- $1+10% per transaction fees
- Instant payouts
- Unlimited courses
- Product bundles
- Unlimited coaching services
- Course design templates
- One admin level user
- Basic quizzes
- Product support
- Third-party integration
Basic Plan: $39/month
- Everything in the ”Free” plan +
- 5% per transaction fees
- Members-only community
- Two admin-level users
- Training for New Online Course Creators
- Custom domain support
- Drip course content
- Coupon codes
- Third-party integrations
- Built-in email marketing
- Private student community
Pro Plan: $119/month
- Everything in the “Basic” plan +
- No transaction fees
- Five admin-level users
- Priority product support
- Graded quizzes
- Unbranded website
- Advanced reports
- Course completion certificates
- Integrated affiliate marketing
- Course compliance
- Group coaching calls
Business Plan: $299/month
- Everything in the “Pro” plan +
- 20 admin-level users
- Manual student imports
- Bulk student enrollments
- Advanced theme customization
- Custom user roles
You can save up to 20% on each plan by paying annually.
All Free Plan and Basic Plan plans include unlimited video, products, and hosting. You also get integrated payment processing, student management, and lecture comments with No Transaction Fees.
There are no transaction fees on free products, and VAT (value-added tax) for the EU is calculated automatically.
Teachable Pros and Cons
No software is perfect, and Teachable is no different. While it has an impressive range of features, it also has a few drawbacks that many Teachable reviews skipped looking at. So let’s look at some of its main pros and cons.
- All-in-One Platform: Rather than having to find, pay for, and use multiple tools, Teachable has everything you need to design, build, market, and sell your online course from one convenient dashboard.
- Free Version Offered: Teachable has a free version that allows unlimited students. This is a unique feature that you won’t find in most other online course creation platforms.
- Robust Security: The platform takes its business seriously and has a killer fraud team on staff to fight fraudsters on your behalf.
- Built-In Email Automation: The platform has a powerful email marketing feature that lets you communicate directly with your students without integrating a third-party email tool.
- Wide Range of Marketing Options: On Teachable, you get coupon codes, affiliate marketing, email marketing, and various other marketing tools to help you get your courses in front of your target audience.
- No Phone Support: Teachable only provides support via email and chat and lacks phone support, which is not ideal for most users.
- Global Payout Options: The payout options offered on the platform are not ideal for all users from outside the US.
- Limited Multilingual Support: The platform does not support many of the most commonly used languages.
Is Teachable Legit?
Teachable is a powerful platform that lets you create your own online school and teach solo or with multiple teachers or sell courses directly from your site.
We have explored this Teachable review and discovered that Teachable has tons of features for both basic and advanced users. In addition, it’s affordable and cuts down on the learning curve thanks to the intuitive user interface.
Here’s what other Teachable users had to say about the course creation software:
You’ll be able to learn with ease and get started building your first online course right away. Then, as your skills grow, you will be able to unlock even more advanced functionality from the platform to scale your business by providing an improved learning experience for students.
And with key Teachable features of a learning management system, payout management, tax support, and compliance, you’ll be able to grow and scale your online business with no additional integrations or headaches.
So, yes, all these excellent features make Teachable legit – if you’re ready to share your mad talents with skill seekers across the globe, sign up for a free trial to test out the platform’s features and see how well they work for you.